Urgent Pet Care in the Beaches.
If you live in the Toronto Beaches, there is a higher than average likelihood that you have a pet or will acquire one in the future - it's just that kind of neighbourhood. Like a family doctor, your Toronto Beaches vet will do annual wellness checks, give vaccinations, prescribe and dispense medicine. Your vet can also be invaluable in providing urgent medical care should your pet require it. One of the greatest advantages of living here is quick access to high-quality, local 24 hour emergency care and vet clinics. If your pet is really ill or you cannot transport your pet to the vet, city-wide mobile vet services can come to your home.
Here are our Beaches vets and a quick summary of services offered:
Kingston Road Animal Hospital | www.beachvet.com
Provides 24 hour, on-call service in case of Trauma or emergency. Check out their website for a full list of services and specialty clinics, including older pet clinics and care for exotic pets.
- 1025 Kingston Road. South side of Kingston Rd., just east of Victoria Park Avenue
- For emergency services call 647-393-8387
- For appointments and information call 416-690-0625
- Hours for regular care: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., Thurs, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sat, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Beaches Animal Hospital | www.downtownanimalhospital.com.
Part of a city-wide chain of animal hospitals.
- 2304 Queen Street East. North side of Queen at Scarborough Road
- (416) 690-4040.
- Hours: 7 days a week, 8 am to 10 p.m. Boarding and Grooming also available.
Kew Beach Veterinary Hospital | www.kewbeachvets.com
A part of the Toronto Beaches community for over 25 years. Minimally invasive Laprascopic spays available. Owner & Beaches resident, Dr. Nigel Skinner writes a regular column in the Beach Metro Community Newspaper. Staff vet Dr. Ian Buffet makes house calls.
- 1600 Queen Street East. North side of Queen at Coxwell Avenue
- Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Tues, Thurs, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sat, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Boardwalk Animal Hospital | www.boardwalkvet.com
Primarily treats dogs and cats, along with the occasional rabbit, small rodent, guinea pig or pet bird. Smaller clinic with complete medical services, no boarding or grooming.
- 2138 Queen Street East. North side of Queen between Hammersmith and Glen Manor
- Hours Mon – Fri 8 a.m.m – 8 p.m., Sat 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Nearby Pet Emergency Hospital:
Veterinary Emergency Clinic | www.vectoronto.com
- 920 Yonge Street at McMurrich (North of Bloor St., west of Yonge St).
- 416-920-2002. 24 hours/7 days week.
City-wide Mobile vet services
- www.vetmobile.ca (647) 297-4622
- www.vetonwheels.yp.ca 416-284-4610
- www.petmobilevet.ca 416-276-3804
- Mega City Veterinary Mobile Services 416-407-0722
- GTA Pet House Call Services: 416-822-1717
- Toronto Veterinary House Call Services: 416-422-2076
- Pet Ambulance through VIPSitters www. vipsitters.com 416-361-0000 (press 2).
Toronto Beaches offers a number of other companies that can help you look after your four-legged family members, including pet grooming, obedience training, dog walking, and pet sitting. It's just another reason that the Toronto Beaches is a great place to live for all members of the family!